Lots of stories to cover today, immigration is all over the news. Seems a bit crazy that it's so difficult to build a wall.
-- Spiritual Encouragement --
Psalm 23: When you're in the Valley of the Shadow of Death, remember the shepherd boy David!!!
For a real kick in the pants read about David the giant slayer here: 1 Samuel 17.
-- Stacy's Stash! --
For links to the articles and material referenced in this week's episode check out this week's page from our podcast dashboard!
-- Get More Stacy --
Watch the show live, download previous episodes, and more Stacy!
stacy [at] stacyontheright.com
-- Connect with Stacy --
- REVEALED: US border patrol arrested more than 1,000 African migrants in the past two months trying to cross into the US from Mexico – The Right Scoop — The crisis at our southern border is attracting people from all over the world, including continent of Africa. According to the CBP, they’ve arrested over 1,000 Africans from 17 different nations trying to enter the country illegally:
- REPORT: Trump hasn’t built any “new” border wall yet… – The Right Scoop — There’s a new report out by the DC Examiner that reveals that the Trump administration hasn’t yet built any new wall, where there is no wall, along the southern border. Everything built so far has all been new replacement wall for the existing border fence: The Trump administration has not installed a single mile of new wall in a previously fenceless part of the U.S.-Mexico border in the 30 months since President Trump assumed office, despite his campaign promise to construct a “big beautiful wall.”
- Trump administration rule would cut 3 million people from food stamps - Reuters — The administration billed the move as a way to save money and help eliminate what it sees as widespread abuse of the program, but Democrats and advocacy groups criticized it as an attack on the nation’s poorest.
- Trump threatens to impose tariffs on Guatemala after they back out of deal – The Right Scoop — Trump announced this morning that Guatemala has chose to break some sort of deal with the United States regarding immigration. In response, Trump is threatening tariffs: Guatemala, which has been forming Caravans and sending large numbers of people, some with criminal records, to the United States, has decided to break the deal they had with us on signing a necessary Safe Third Agreement. We were ready to go. Now we are looking at the “BAN,”….
- Mild Sauce, Clear Mind? Spicy Diet Linked To Dementia, Study Finds — Here’s something to consider the next time you’re thinking about ordering a spicy dish: a new long-term international study has found that a spicy diet could lead to dementia. According to the study, older adults over the age of 55 who consumed more than 50 grams of chili per day displayed nearly double the risk of developing poor cognition and a decline in overall memory. Interestingly, slimmer adults indulging in a spicy diet exhibited even more significant memory loss.